Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Meet the 'NEW' Italian Stallion!

Ladies and gentlemen, if your PC has speakers, please pump up the volume! Now, the moment you've all been waiting for! In this corner, standing 19 and 1/2 inches tall, and weighing in at 7lbs, 11oz...Nico Giovanni Morelli!!! And in the other corner...well, what does it matter? His mom and dad know it's all about him anyway! We are very excited to finally introduce Nico to all you bloggers out there. It's not that we have been procrastinating, it's that this little tike is lots of work and we haven't had a chance to sit down and do a blog post. All those other parents out there can hear me on that! (Wow, does that feel weird to say!!) Traci and I have not been able to get enough of him since we have been home. The camera has not stopped flashing as we watch his miniature personality take shape. He has a little smirk when he knows we have to change an exceptionally dirty diaper. We find he is also nocturnal, which does not bode well for my beauty rest. Nico is known as 'Busy Hands' Morelli around these parts as he does not like to sit still for very long, unless he is in mommy's lap. He rips out his pacifier because he knows he is just too mature to have one of THOSE baby things. He also likes to give his dad a hard time when it comes to the diaper changes. I have already been hit with all three ranged attacks (#1, #2, and #3...#3 is the ever elusive and sneaky burp attack). Kinda sounds like ordering off the McDonald's Value Menu, huh? What am I going to get today? These first few days have been quite the experience and we look forward to watching him grow up, hopefully bigger than his parents! We have many stories to tell, and many more that will happen soon enough, so please stay tuned! We've included a few shots from his first days with us, so please enjoy!



Daddy, please get me outta this hospital!!

Yeah, yeah, my first car ride...


Hey dad, can you get mom to color coordinate here?


It's about time you got this house warm enough for me!


Nico and the boppy experience


Part II


Dad, you have no idea what I have brewing.


Yup, I'm a keeper!!


Mr. Smiley


Daddy's safari man.

16 comments:

The Swimnizzies said...

I love it!! That was the best introduction I have EVER seen blogged. The music was perfect, as is little Nico. Congrats you guys and welcome little man!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He is perfect and so handsome! We can't wait to meet him!

Unknown said...

OMG, I just want to eat him up!!! He's absolutely gorgeous!!!! I'm SO happy for you guys!!! Traci, I'd like to buy you a beer SOON!

Our Family: said...

Yay! I only got a few pictures the other day, these pictures are great! He is such a sweet sweet little thing.

P.S. Now that someone mentioned beer! Traci, I'd like to buy you several!

Davenport Family said...

Oh my.... what a handsome little man! He is so precious! I can't wait to meet him and introduce him to his 2 girlfriends and a future wife. Congrats!!! Much love!

Davenport Family said...

P.S- when you come to visit next month we will have some beers!!!!!

Eryn said...

Great Pictures!! He has changed so much since I have seen him, I can not wait to get my hands on him!
He is adorable and so loved!

The Kaufhold's Kastle said...

Oh - I love the hair! He is so cute not sure if that is coming more from mom or dad! I can not wait to see him and her all the stories!
Love you two!

Meyer Family said...

Love it, this was a post worth waiting for...I've been checking many times a day. Congrats Traci and Mario, Nico is adorable and look at all that hair! Sauce off soon...

The Jagow Family said...

Oh, he is so incredibly cute!! I have been checking often for an update...this blog was well worth the wait!! I can't wait to meet him! :)

Swarty Family said...

Total stud! I want to meet the lil guy soon!

Rupp1009 said...

How ADORABLE!!! I just want to squeeze him! He looks like such a happy baby! We're working with Marcus to say "Nico" - He has the "Co" part down. :)

Melissa said...

I'll have to listen again, I have no speakers at work. What a head of hair, and what a cutie. Ashley Marie Morelli. Nico and Ashley Morelli. Congrats new parents!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just realized I can leave a comment here now too---thanks for ceasing the discrimination! I loved, loved, loved this post. Nico is the cutest and I am so excited to meet him! Keep up the baby-making, T & M (OK, maybe not yet)!

McKenzie Brickl said...

Good Job Traci! He is one handsome little guy! I love his hair -- he's more stylish than a lot of guys already!

The Waldock Family said...

WOW! Congratulations! He is just beautiful! So much hair! I am so happy that all went well! Traci, I hope you are feeling better. Enjoy these first few weeks, they go so fast! You will be in a poop/pee/spit up covered, sleep deprived blurr but they are some of the best days of your life!

Also, I LOVE HIS NAME! Very cute! Congrats guys!