Monday, April 7, 2008

Playoffs!!



It's the most wonderful time of the year in the Morelli household....ok, at least for 2/3 of the Morelli household (Nico is an automatic hockey fan). It's the start of the quest for the Cup! No, not that cup. Lord Stanley's! Ok, that didn't sound much better. The Stanley Cup is the only championship trophy that has the ability to give me the chills when it is brought out. There is no other sport that plays as long a regular season, and has playoffs that are nearly half of the regular season with players going all out, and usually hurt, to win the championship. Hockey is the definition of a team sport. Where else do you see teammates grow playoff beards together? I get nervous this time of year because I wonder how cheap the team the Wild are playing is going to be. I remember Vancouver, with Bertuzzi and Cooke, and all the other BLEEPS hacking and slashing my squad, trying to get under their skin. This year we get Colorado in the first round. We don't have Wes Walz to watch Peter Forsberg this time, but these aren't your older brother's Avs. They've tried to bring back the golden years by adding Forsberg and Adam Foote. It won't work. I don't think it will be as grueling a series as last time. Wild in 6 at the most. Wednesday the quest begins. Let's go Wild!!


P.S.- I apologize in advance, dear, but Nico and I will be planted in front of the T.V. on game nights until, oh, I'd say early June.

4 comments:

Our Family: said...

I was just thinking about how jealous you might be when I told you that King Beats and I are going to the game on Friday. 5th Row! There is nothing better than a Wild Playoff game!

'THE' Italian Stallion said...

How did you get tix??? I jumped online on Saturday morning and they were sold out of EVERY game at 10:01!! How about you let King Beats take ME to the game!?

Rupp1009 said...

Poor Traci! Maybe she can go shopping with me?!

Anonymous said...

Sly, I like the wild and all but I would also like to go on record by saying I hate the WILD we just scored horn on the site.

" GO WILD and go away goal horn".
Agent Meyer