Thursday, September 4, 2008

Where does the time go?

It is hard to believe that our little nugget is 6 months old already. So many changes in this little dude since the "colic" days. Yes, I still remember them, but they don't seem as bad now that I see a smiley face every morning when I go in to get him up! Don't get me wrong, Nico is still a very particular child...he is either extremely happy or seriously pissed off! :) We love him dearly...haha!

Dad's little Twins fan!
Always grabbing his feet...
Everything goes in the mouth these days. No teeth yet though...just lots of drool!
So many toys so little time. Funny that his favorite thing to play with is a highlighter. Remind me again why we spend so much money on fancy stuff??
Worth mentioning- A few minutes after this photo was taken we had our first trip to the Doctor's office for a head injury (not really). Nico can sit up for a good 20 minutes on his own (always with me watching).. he decided to throw his green ball across the floor. I turned around to retrieve it and he decided to launch himself backwards. The crack of his head (notice hard wood floor) was enough to make me vomit. Screaming child not two seconds later.... made a call to the doctor whom we had just seen the day prior where they gave me a list of safety pointers (ooops).. they told me he would be fine but we went in anyway to check him out. All is good. Doc told me not to tell the hubby and that he still hasn't told his wife about the time he put the car seat on the hood of the car to put their other child in their seat. He stood up to find no car seat on the hood... she had slid off and landed on the concrete below. That was 24 years ago and he still has not told her. I said "Great, thanks...where were you 20 minutes ago as I called him".. Mario threatened with carpeting the whole house. ugh!
This is from his 6 month appointment- the day before the incident :)
Still growing like a weed. Want his stats? Would love to share but forgot them in the truck and Mario took it to work :)
We did get the all clear for any food in a jar- meats, veggies, fruits, combo's AND toast and other fun crunchy stuff. Here is the first attempt! Notice high chair. I can't believe he is old enough for a high chair!!!
I thought it was so cute until I saw the floor below. Guess it is time for that dust buster, eh Libby?
So excited for food...

More food?
This is another first.. sitting like a big boy in the grocery cart. Yes Mario I did sanitize the cart handles!! Time to pull out that fancy grocery cart cover from Miss Ginny since he loved his new view!



3 comments:

Davenport Family said...

So precious!!! It seemed like yesterday that you told me you were pregnant!!! Love him!

Rupp1009 said...

He is SO ADORABLE! You are right, he is growing like a weed. I know how you felt when he cracked his head, Marcus fell off our bed, head first, TWICE when he was about Nico's age! He cried hard and I cried harder!

Bundlewarmer said...

Nico is a serious stud. Going topless under the bib and all, how cute!