Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Infamous Ravioli

Many of you have heard me talk about how Mario's family makes ravioli for Christmas Day instead of a turkey or ham.. MAN did I marry into the right family! I thought I would share some photo's of the process. We typically get together the first Sunday of December and hand make the ravioli (half meat and half cheese) and freeze them until Christmas Day. I believe we made somewhere around 700 this year. There are many different "jobs" in the process and you have to be committed and serious about your post.... The first year I was "boxer"...the second year I was "counter", then "forker" and I even made my way up to "stuffer" before I decided that this year I would be "photographer"..
A small sampling of the ravioli..

Rick as "counter"
Tommy and Grandpa are rolling out the home made dough...
Gina and Mark as "stuffer's"
MaryJo as a "forker"..

2 comments:

Our Family: said...

Dang, that is a serious operation. I had no idea. I think I would have been mighty intimidated if I would have shown up.

Melissa said...

Yum, can I come over for Christmas!?