Friday, July 25, 2008

Beautiful Wednesday!

Mario took Wednesday off and Gina took Nico, so we decided to go kayaking around Lake of The Isles! It was a gorgeous day and we had so much fun just the two of us!

We each got our own kayak versus a double. The last time we got a "double" it was canoeing, when we were dating and we almost broke up because of it! Well we made it through that argument...but didn't want to test that out again even though Mario says we need to work on our team building skills. Nico tests that enough!!!





Perfect kayaking weather... the water was like glass!
Ok, we did disagree on one thing. I say that sunnies BITE (or nip).. Mario says they do not. I told him that I was a camp counselor at Camp Kota and remember being nipped all the time in Bush Lake. The water was filled with them here!! Please leave your thoughts on if YOU think they bite/nip!
Love this house!
Yes I did kayak with my legs out! Can't you tell I need SUN!


There is a trail all the way from our house to Calhoun that we typically bike (above).. .. It is about 20 miles round trip including going around the lake. Not bad for a bike ride!
You MUST, MUST, MUST eat at the Tin Fish at Lake Calhoun. I always thought it was just a concession stand or greasy gross foods...wrongo! They have the best food around. Tons of fresh fish- Mahi Mahi, Grouper, Walleye, Halibut, Cod, even fish I have never heard of! Mario had the Walleye Sandwich and I had a Shrimp Taco.



There are many times when we say "Let's just move to a city where we can afford a bigger house".. (especially when we are trapped indoors in the winter).. but then when spring rolls around and on days like this we are glad we live a hop, skip and a jump away from Uptown and the Lakes... For us, location over space is a winner...(sometimes I don't know how we do it in the current space we have) but talk to us again in winter or if/when baby Moe #2 comes around. HA!



7 comments:

Eryn said...

Sun Fish Bite! Eric says so too and he is the fisherman guy.... Sorry Ma-yio!

Our Family: said...

This is one of the roots of my whole fear of water. Fish bite!

'THE' Italian Stallion said...

Wusses :)

Rupp1009 said...

I'm sure you've heard the story about a guy with skin tags (or moles that stick out)that was swimming and a sunny bit it off! It's not a joke! GROSS!!!

The Swimnizzies said...

They for sure bite. The worst I've seen (or been bitten by) was in Lake Minnetonka at Adam Kim's house. I swear, they were worse then piranhas!

Anonymous said...

they nibble, with a "b"

KHH

Agent Meyer said...

I was out swimming with Mere and some friends in Prior Lake and my buddy Neighbor Todd come out of the water with a bloody mole......
Dude they bite.